Learn to Skate Programs
Registration is open and ongoing for our Spring program. Learn to Skate programs include:
- PreCanSkate. For those skaters aged 3-5 with limited or no prior skating experience
- CanSkate. For those skaters with prior skating experience (limited & more advanced) aged 4-13
- Adult & Teen CanSkate. For those aged 13+ with limited or no skating experience
- Adult/Teen Advanced CanSkate. For ages 13+, must have prior experience , and be working on CanSkate stages 4-6
Please contact the CanSkate Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any additional questions.
We are offering a 10% discount for families that register 3 or more skaters across any programs.
Programmes Apprendre à patiner (French Learn to Skate)
L’inscription est ouverte pour nos programmes de printemps en français. Ceci comprend:
- Patinage PréCan. Pour les patineurs de 3 à 5 ans avec une expérience de patinage limitée ou inexistante
- Patinage Plus. Pour les patineurs ayant une expérience de patinage antérieure (limitée et plus avancée) âgés de 4 à 13 ans.
- Patinage Plus Adulte/Ados. Pour les personnes âgées de 13 ans et plus ayant peu ou pas d’expérience de patinage
Veuillez contacter le coordonnateur de Patinage Plus (email@example.com) si vous avez des questions supplémentaires.
Nous offrons un rabais de 10% aux familles qui inscrivent 3 patineurs ou plus dans tous les programmes.
Figure Skating Programs
Registration is open and ongoing for our figure skating programs. This includes:
- Adult Learn to Figure Skate, Adult STAR
If you would like more information on programs or classes, please contact the club at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Assistance for our programs is available through Canadian Tire Jumpstart and KidSport.
Figure 8 Skating Club is a non-profit organization governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. The success of the Club depends on the volunteer efforts of members. Volunteering with the club is a great opportunity to learn about the sport of figure skating, to meet other club members and have a good time while helping out. It is required that every family with skaters registered in PreSTAR, Adult Learn to Figure Skate or STARSkate to volunteer for 12 credits. Note that the volunteer requirement is by family, not by the number of skaters in the family. The volunteer roles are available for selection upon registration, and you will be able to choose a position that would best work for you. To see the list of open volunteer roles, please click here.
We also have a casino every 2-3 years, with the last one being January 2023 at Pure Casino (7055 Argyll Road). When we have a casino, we ask that all PreSTAR, Adult figure skate and STARSkate members also sign up for a casino shift so that we have a full roster of volunteers for the casino. This casino funding is extremely important to pay for our ice rental and other program expenses.
We appreciate all our volunteers!
If you do not wish to volunteer there is a volunteer buy out fee of $300 that can be purchased at registration. Note that if the volunteer commitment is not performed, the Club reserves the right to process the volunteer buyout fee at the end of the season.